January 30, 2009

Ketai H001 Mobile 3D Content


I guess if you really wanted 3D content on your cellular phone, you could probably load a digital copy of some movie that was originally done in 3D, like Spy Kids 3D or Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

You could also get the Ketai H001, which has a 3.1-inch 3D screen. Now I’m sure you’re wondering if there is 3D content that is ready to go, and the answer to that is probably “no”. I doubt you can get Captain EO, and even if you could, would you want to?

I’m guessing you are going to need some glasses to view this, and you’re not going to look very cool in public. Perhaps Japan has a different idea of what is cool, because this is probably the only place you can buy one of these.

Well, considering the amount of 3D tech that was unveiled at CES 2009, I suppose there would be a demand for 3D content on mobile devices, even if it is not in demand. I mean, I would think that all the excitement of 3D would be diminished on a tiny screen.

Other features of the Ketai H001 include a 5 megapixel autofocus camera, and it looks like it has some sort of antenna on it for some mobile TV function too. Unfortunately, there is no word on when it will be available, nor any hint of a price.

0 comments: